Friday, May 24, 2013

Oink Oink-Pork for Dinner

     On Tuesday we ate Pork chops and Gravy which is one of the new recipes that I wanted to try this month. Mr. I'm-4-and-I'm-Picky loves pork. I know there is this whole deal about eating pork. To each their own. The boy is a self professed semi-vegetarian. Whatever meat he will actually eat, I will cook. If he wanted squirrel, I'd learn how to cook squirrel. Well....maybe.
     By the way, I think pork smells delicious, too.
     I have no luck with breading any kind of meat. It either falls off or is soggy. Or crisped and inedible. I've attempted many, different ways at achieving the right texture, all with failures. So, I skipped that part.
     I melted a tablespoon of butter in my cask iron skillet. Then put four chops in, sprinkled with salt, cracked black pepper and added Italian seasoning. I repeated twice and presto! It was amazing and I was pleasantly surprised by the taste.

 

     I did follow the gravy directions precisely. Gravy is one of those side dishes that can get nasty, quickly. I didn't want lumps or runny soup so I had the instructions next to me the whole time. I have made gravy a couple of different ways but have never used beef broth as one of the ingredients.


    I also boiled water for a pasta side dish and had some boxed mashed potatoes cooking in the microwave. You know it's a good day when you have three dishes bubbling away at the same time and dinner is hot all at once. Sometimes I have to pat myself on the back for multi-tasking. I know other days I'm not so good at it and all I accomplish is meatballs burnt inside the crock pot.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...