Sunday, November 10, 2013

Heavenly Hash - A Thanksgiving Family Recipe







Hey everyone! I'm Stephanie, from The TipToe Fairy.  I'm very excited to be blogging over here at Chaos with a Curve.  Over at The TipToe Fairy, I write about sewing and crafting, recipes -- especially cupcakes, and book reviews. If you'd like to come check me out, my social links are below:

     

Today, I've brought you an old family recipe we have at both Thanksgiving and Christmas.  It is a staple for our holiday meals.  I remember it when I was a child, and my mom remembers it even before I came along. It's always been called Heavenly Hash in our family.  It's a delicious fruit salad with marshmallows and whipped cream flavored with a touch of pineapple juice.  It really is heavenly.  Perfect for a light dessert!
  



Heavenly Hash

Ingredients
1 large can pineapple tidbits or crushed pineapple (drained)
2 large cans mandarin oranges (drained)
1 can fruit cocktail drained
2 cups miniature marshmallows
2 cups whipped cream - sweeten with 1 tbs of pineapple juice
Optional:  1 can green seedless grapes (drained) (or 1 cup fresh if cannot find canned)

Directions:
1.  Pour 1 1/2 cups of heavy whipping cream into a chilled bowl.  Add 1 tbs of pineapple juice -- from the drained pineapple.  Then, whip the cream until it forms soft peaks.  Store in fridge until ready to use. 


2.  Drain the fruit and mix  in a large bowl. 


3.  Fold in marshmallows and whipped cream until well mixed. 


4.  Refrigerate overnight.  Stir once or twice to make sure marshmallows are distributed.


5.  Serve and Enjoy!

3 comments:

Michelle @ Life on the Horizon said...

Oh, I haven't seen a recipe for this in YEARS! Thanks for sharing.

Visiting from the SITS Girls Sharefest.

Http://whatmeeganmakes.com said...

This SO good and delish! Thanks for linking up to Tickled Pink Times Two!!

Holly Lefevre (504 Main) said...

Who needs turkey...I'd eat this whole bowl!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...