Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Last Minute Easy Pumpkin Spice Cake

Hi everyone!  I'm Tiffany from A Touch of Grace and I'm so excited to be guest posting here at Chaos with a Curve today (this is my first guest post!). 
I'm going to share a quick and easy recipe if you're looking for something different for Thanksgiving dessert. 

I know not all people are pie people.  If you have one or two of those folks in your family, this simple recipe will be a hit at your dinner table tomorrow evening.




Cake Ingredients:
* Box spice cake mix
* 3 eggs
* 1/2 cup water
* 1 15oz. can pumpkin

Directions:
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
* Grease a 13x9 pan (or 9x9 if you want a thicker cake).
* In a large bowl combine cake mix, water and eggs.
* Add in pumpkin and mix until well combined.
* Spread cake evenly in pan.
* Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
* Let cool.

Frosting:
* 1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
* 1/2 cup butter, softened
* 4 cups powdered sugar
* 1-2 tablespoons milk
* 1 teaspoon vanilla

Directions:
* In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butt with electric mixer.
* Add vanilla and 1 tablespoon milk.
* 1 cup at a time, add in the powdered sugar.
* Continue adding powdered sugar until you get the consistency you want. 
* If it gets too thick, add milk 1 teaspoon at a time.
* You'll likely have leftover frosting (I always do) but you can freeze it for up to 2 weeks and use it on other treats!

If you don't have time for the frosting you can always grab a can of cream cheese frosting at the store.  That makes it even easier.


The cake is super soft and not too dense, and the frosting is the perfect compliment.

I'd love for you to come visit me over at A Touch of Grace.  I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends tomorrow! 

3 comments:

Brittnei Washington said...

Oh my goodness! This looks like some serious fall goodness! I love it, Tiffany! It doesn't sound hard to make either! xo

Jennifer - The Deliberate Mom said...

Ooooh, Tiffany, I love my pumpkin spice. Imagine having this with a pumpkin spice latte?! Yummy goodness.

Definitely adding this to my list of recipes I want to try!

Congrats on your first guest post!
xoxo

Tiffany {A Touch of Grace} said...

Thanks ladies! It was super easy to make and really yummy! And yes Jennifer it would be fantastic with a PSL :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...